Vintage Home Decorating 1960s: How to Use Color
The 1960s had a mixture of modern and traditional styles. Here, we will examine some of what was considered to be in good taste in the 1960s, plus share home decorating tips from interior designers of the period.
I hope you’ll enjoy looking at the vintage photos and that you’ll find the tips helpful!
- Choose few colors instead of many
- Choose light colors instead of dark
- Use warm colors in rooms with northern exposure
- Use cool colors in rooms with southern exposure
- Use light colors on large areas
- Use sharp colors as accents
- Use the darkest color on the floor to anchor your room
- Use light colors on the walls
- Use the lightest color on the ceiling
- Use intermediate tones for draperies and upholstery
….and the photos speak for themselves!
(Click on the photo to enlarge)
This was from The Doubleday Book of Interior Decorating 1965.
Shop for Vintage Accessories!
You may also like: