Sure, it sounds hokey and old fashioned.
But, think about it.
How do you like to be treated when you are spending your hard earned money?
Then, that’s exactly how you should treat your customers.
Most companies are careful about what they call the people they do business with…Customers vs. Clients.
But the truth is: What you say isn’t as important as what you do.
Here are the basics:
- Say thank you. It is just two simple words, but they convey your appreciation for what they are doing for you. (Spending money)
- Pay attention. Being attentive to your customer shows them respect and makes them feel good about their decision to buy from you.
- Respect their privacy. Never take their name and address and starting e-mailing them without their permission. HUGE mistake. There are better ways to get them to return.
- Smile. It is the simplest way to market yourself and it is free!
- Be friendly. Say hello! If they seem like they want to talk, a little small talk can make them feel right at home.
- Be approachable. Let your customers know that they can ask you questions and that you have time to spend with them.
Remember to say thank you!!