There is a lot you can do in your daily office practices to be more earth friendly.
Here are a few examples:
- Used equipment: If it is feasible, use what already exists.
- Teleconferencing: Cut down on the travel. In most cases, it works just fine to do a teleconference. Less time traveling means fewer expenses and more time for productive work.
- Co-oping: If you have a service you can trade with another business, this can be a very good way of saving some money. This is especially true when it comes to expensive equipment.
- Paperless office: There are times when you may need a hard copy of a receipt or other form, but there is little need for using all that paper when you can easily access the information you need on your computer.
- E-mails: E-mails are free and leave a “paper trail” for when you need to know what someone said and when they said it.
- Social marketing: Cut down on the flyers and other paper advertising and take up the challenge of social marketing!
- Recycling: Make sure to recycle paper, cardboard, cans, bottles, ink cartridges and anything else you can.
- Rechargeable batteries: If you are able to use rechargeable batteries in your equipment, it is a very good, money saving option.
Depending upon your business, you can probably think of many more ways of greening your practices. Take time to look around and see how you can help yourself save money and be more earth friendly.