Here are a few quick tips on how to shop flea markets and find the stuff you really want:
- Get there early: The early bird gets the worm…and all the good buys!
- Have plenty of cash: While you’re spending the time to write a check, someone else is finding the good stuff.
- Move quickly to get an overview: This is tricky. You want to move fast enough to cover a lot of ground, but not so fast that you miss things.
- Keep an open mind: Don’t go there looking for just one thing. It can get frustrating and you might miss out on some really fun things.
- Be decisive: Either buy your item right away or forget about it. If you “think about it” and walk away, it will be gone when you get back.
- If you collect something specific, bring a photo with you: A picture is worth a thousand words and it really speeds things up.
- Talk to the dealers: Be friendly and tell them what you are looking for. You never know…next time they might bring something especially for you!
- Inspect things carefully: Some dealers sell things as they find them….dirty. Be sure to carefully check the items you’re going to buy.
- Outdoor market? Don’t forget your sunscreen and water!
Now get out there and shop ’til you drop!!