Sometimes it is difficult to make the time to step back from every day operations and take a good, solid look at your business. This is especially true if you are the owner/operator and the jack-of-all-trades.
However, it is critical to your business health to take a break and make sure you have answers to the following questions:
- Are you managing costs as aggressively as possible?
- Do you know what you would do if you had to cut costs by 10%?
- What would trigger the event of cutting costs?
- Who is critical to your success now and in the future?
- Are you attending to your most important relationships?
- Are you actively in touch with your customers?
- How much of your revenue is safe and how much is at risk?
- How can you simplify your operations?
- Do you have low-cost or no-cost ways of strengthening your business?
- Do you have opportunities to garner critically needed skills?
- Are you using your talents appropriately?
- Are you staying focused on your customers?