Every trade has it’s tools and the vintage trade is no exception.
Before you venture out on a shopping spree, be sure you are equipped with the tools that will help you make good buying decisions.
The “Trusty Trio” for vintage hunters, is:
- Magnifying Glass
- Flash Light
- Tape Measure
If it helps you to remember, just think …MFT….Mighty Fine Treasures!
Of course, there are other things you should have in your vehicle, like:
- Tubs or boxes: To hold small things…don’t want them rolling around and breaking!
- Towels or newspaper: To give extra protection during transport.
- Bungee cords: For fastening big things in your trunk.
- Blanket: For nap time…lol…or for protecting furniture during transport.
- Red flag: To tie to the end of long things sticking out of your trunk.
- Water: To stay hydrated and for washing your hands. Foraging is a dirty business.
- Chocolate: Don’t need a reason for this!!
- Reference guides: For identification. (Old school.) If you have a Smartphone, I’m sure there’s an app for that!
If you have all this stuff, you are ready to do some serious power shopping.
Get out there and do your thing!!