Think of Lean work practices as a continuous chain.
Each link is connected to the next and is each equally important to the integrity of the process.
Here are 10 Lean ways of thinking about your work flow.
- Each step is interdependent and linked
- Your work is process paced, not paced by the hour
- Teamwork is essential
- All processes are separated and standardized
- Everything has a process
- Every process is standardized
- Focus on the process for consistent results
- Improvement is everyone’s responsibility
- Take care of equipment to minimize breakdowns
- Success is measured by performing to expectations
Lean work practices are basically common sense routines that make us more efficient and profitable. It takes a little getting used to, because efficiency isn’t always the first thing people think of when they’re working. But, put into practice, you’ll be amazed by how much easier your tasks are, how much more you get done and how happy you are with new results!